Sunday, January 6, 2013

Get it together

Ugh I desperately need some raw in my life. I have not been impressed with myself lately - managed to get through Christmas, including a NYC trip, with minimal damage to my 96.7% vegan-ness... yet the post-holiday eating has been horrific for the past week-and-a-half. Oh the hypocrisy of my life over the last few days!

After today's pancakes for breakfast and quesadilla with copious (but oh-so-delicious) cheesiness for dinner, this has to end. Pronto.

NB: Huge thanks to housemates for the vegan nutrient-packed lunch, though. You probably negated at least one of my meals of badness.

Current me status:
Body - bloated, heavy, sluggish, achey, dry. Skin is suspect. Eyes not clear and white. Sleep pattern sucks - too much, and not restful
Brain - cloudy, tired and certainly far less intelligent than it should be
Emotions - minefield

To think I used to eat and feel like this all the time.

The housemate and I are planning to do a juice-based detox starting on the weekend, but I am going to pre-empt it with some fantabulous eating habits. I bought red grapes tonight, which I never do, but I feel like this key action of buying something simple, delicious and slightly varying from my regular diet shall kick things off swimmingly.

Plan for tomorrow: I shall eat pre-soaked (uncooked) steel cut oats with my trademark cinnamon-sunflower seed-vanilla stevia-almond milk topping, the grapes, almond-milk-based yoghurt, lentil soup (not raw, but c'mon it's Canadian winter), and avocado. There will also be copious amounts of lemon water and chlorophyll water involved and, because tomorrow is one of my 13-hour days, my treat shall be an uplifting pomegranate-blueberry fresh juice from the mall on the way to teaching. No muffin. No soy-based latte.

Projected me status:
Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment