Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays are for experiments... Avocado "Fries"


Today I attempted Avocado "Fries"! They were pretty easy, rather delicious, and definitely something I'll make again. My pictures don't seem to be uploading properly as of late, so I apologise for the lack of illustration, but google-image 'avocado fries' if you really need that visual inspiration;)

Ze recipe (for two people, or one if you're hungry):

2 medium, just-ripe avocados
2 eggs (vegan: I used almond milk - a little less 'sticky' but fine)
1/4 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs/Panko/seasoning (I used a vegan Thai lemon chili crumb seasoning)
Oil (olive oil recommended; I used avocado oil and it worked)

Pre-heat oven to 450C.

- Peel and cut avocados into half-inch slices
- Coat slices well in flour
- Coat slices in egg or almond milk
- Coat slices in desired seasoning/breadcrumb mix
- Place coated slices on a wire 'cooling' rack, on top of a baking sheet
- Spray with oil
- Cook in oven for 20ish minutes, until they are crispy and golden-brown. I turned them over about half-way through.

They were delicious as is, or can be dipped in your favourite dressing or sauce!

I will definitely have to try these with a salt and pepper-based seasoning, or even some kind of crumbled vegan-cheese. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you did it, but you made avocado fries seem scrumptious to me...

    ReplyDelete